Millennials now make one-third of the total workforce in the world. Now more and more companies are interviewing and searching for millennials to join their thriving workforce. It is important for managers to change their management styles to attract and retain these young talents. As the labor market continues to improve, many young talents receive multiple job offers. So, how would you attract top talent to join your organisation?
Here are 5 ways How You Can Do It
1. Culture: A positive work environment can help instill a sense of community, create transparency, and encourage collaboration amongst your employees. They particularly want to be involved in the process of building and maintaining a good work culture. Get your Millennial employee involved in anything whether it may be planning company outings or company meetings.
2. Flexible Work Arrangements: Nowadays many organisation attracting top talent are encouraging flexibility as many Millennials want the ability to work from anywhere. Once upon a time, it was necessary to physically be at the office every day. Now work can be conducted from home with an internet connection. Today’s talent looks for a job that offers flexible work schedules. This kind of schedule increases productivity, boosts employee efficiency, reduces employee turnover and boosts morale.
3. Fast Career Progression: Millennials want quick growth in their employment. They expect to rise up the corporate ladder or how quickly they will get their desired salary amount. Regular feedback from managers, a casual conversation on their progress and performance are often valuable. The standard manager feedback such as “you need more time in the role to be promoted” or “keep doing what you’re doing” is not sufficient.
4. Personal Engagement Opportunities: Millennials are highly engaged by what they do. Allowing them to create and run their own committees, task forces makes them feel highly engaged in their work resulting in high productivity. Employers who execute this sense of community are successful in retaining and attracting millennials.
5. Work-life Unity: This generation believes that their job is not just a career, but it’s their life too. In order to have a fulfilling life, millennials look for jobs that can be seamlessly integrated into their personal schedules. They want a happy work-life balance, as millennials care intensely about their work-life balance and feel that having a life outside of work is as important as having a job.
Even after following these tips, it may be worth evaluating how your millennial employee feels. Get personalised feedback by running an employee engagement survey in your organisation, include questions that ask for an employee’s age, and then easily filter the responses and see how many millennials responded to the survey.
eHRMS by Neural IT is a cloud-based software helping HR’s to simplify their daily tasks. Digitize your HR function & let eHRMS empower HR’s to easily onboard new hires, track employee progress, and analyze data to support employee development and organisation.